(2/2) we had just been discussing how my grandmother would not approve of the wedding. If you have any advice on how to decipher if it was real or not it would be much appreciated. Please and thank you! Have a wonderful night!
this is amazing. I have prophetic dreams very often sometimes i don’t know how to cope with them but then i remember it is a gift from the goddess!
if you were constantly talking about how they wouldn’t like the marriage there’s a great possibility this was imagination. we dream things we think or talk about often.
anyways, this is how you decipher whether its psychic or just a normal dream:
How to decide whether your dream was psychic
Suppose you dream that you are walking down a certain street the next day around noon, and run into an old friend that you haven’t seen in ten years. The next day, while strolling down that street just after noon, you actually DO meet that friend.
How could we go about deciding whether your dream was psychic, or whether the dream and actual occurrence were in fact merely a coincidence?
First, we break down the components of the dream.
1) The fact that you meet a friend whom you don’t see regularly, but whom you haven’t seen in ten years.
The first question you should ask yourself here is HOW OFTEN do you think of, or dream of, this friend in general? For instance, if it is someone about whom you think at least once a week, then your meeting him isn’t such a strange coincidence: after all, you think about him, or dream about him, very often, and meeting him sooner or later is not really so strange. However, if you haven’t thought about him in a long time (maybe even years), then your meeting him just after dreaming about him takes on more significance. It’s really difficult to give a probability-percentage for this factor, but assuming that you have thought of this friend, on average, only once a month, we might say that the probability of your dream falling on the day when you actually did see him was about 1 in 30.
2) The time. In your dream, you met him around noon, and in fact, you did later meet him at this time. While it’s impossible to calculate precise odds for this, one might say that the probability of seeing him at this time is only about 1 in 4 (to give a cautious estimate)
3) The street. Here, you must consider the street itself. Is it a main street in your town, one that just about everybody walks down fairly often? Or is it a small, out-of-the-way street that neither you nor your friend have hardly ever walked down? Even if it is an important street, the fact that your town/city no doubt has many streets would allow us to estimate that the probability of your meeting him there were no higher than about 1 in 6 or 7.
4) There might be other elements you could take into consideration. Was your friend, in the dream, wearing some sort of clothing that he was indeed wearing when you met him later? If so, this should also be factored in.
If we take the first three elements listed here, we come up with the following numbers:
1 in 30, 1 in 4, and 1 in 6, or 1 in (30 X 4 X 6), or 1 in 720; or (dividing 1 by 720) put another way, there was a 0.14% probability that you would actually meet that friend in those circumstances (time of day, place) on the day you had that dream. Since the probability was far smaller than 1%, we can safely say that this could indeed be evidence that your dream was psychic!
Of course, in order for any such evidence to be valid at all, you would have to either have told someone about the dream BEFORE you met that friend, or else – and preferably – to have written it down.
The importance of writing down such dreams cannot be overemphasized, for it is the only way to later prove that you actually did have such a premonition in a dream, and that your imagination did not change any of the dream’s elements after experiencing the event – something that many people, if not most, are prone to do.
Obviously, it is more often than not impossible to calculate the exact probability in such cases, for the separate elements and their context tend to be so complex as to defy precision. Nonetheless, you can get an idea of how likely it is that a dream (or a “vision”) you may have had is really psychic if you follow these steps:
1) Write down your dream as soon as you wake up, noting the various elements as precisely as you can.
2) If your dream does “become true”, go back to what you wrote down, and try to assign a probability value (“1 in 2”, “1 in 8”, or whatever) to each element in your dream, and then calculate the probability that your dream was “coincidence”, using the method previously described.
And remember: if you have dreams that seem “psychic” on a regular basis, then it is all the more likely that you do indeed have clairvoyant ability.
Don’t let such premonitions scare you. Rather, celebrate them, and consider taking a course or workshop offered by a reputable psychic: it may well help you to develop your talent further, and bring it to an even higher level!
seriously the amount of time I spend just imagining and re-imagining totally made-up scenarios in my head has got to be unhealthy
my mom once told me that writing your feelings down or drawing them out is very therapeutic and relaxing
gets me every time